Wednesday 16 April 2008

12th April March review.

Please Deafread put in Main Page (not Extra)



Thank you very much watched everybody.


English Translation

(looking at the letter)

Hello. Now I announce as a Chairperson. Been conclude what 12 April March now. What? I feedback everything now.

There were between 200 - 240 people attend to the march. I was surprised. I thought it was under 100 people. No, it was more. It was 200 to 240, I have been viewed at the end of the march. Some people leave at near end, and new people arrive late to rejoin the march. That is why.

For Police staff, how many? 42. Police staff within 42, 8 police can sign language. Breakdown - 3 police BSL level 2, 2 BSL Level 1, 3 Professional Interpreters. Total 8, thank you to Police. Police reply via email after the march.

"Hi Betty, Thank you for the kind words. It went very well. If you want to do something again let me know and I will help. I hope things go OK for both in the further. The public saw a very good and positive imagine of Deaf Community. Cheers Mark (police)."

This mean evidence it was fanastic march. 6 Stewards (volunteers) thank you. Also, interpreter Frances. Thank you.

How to get in Prime Minister 10 Downing Street. Should be 6 as a group, but 3 have dropped out. baby was not able to go as it was raining. Battery for camera was flat out. Me, Frances as volunteer interpreter, and See Hear got in Number 10. That is why. We got petitions to hand. Only few deaf people stayed. Some deaf people have gone because it was raining. So some deaf people stayed, I gave speech, then finished. I have contacted Police what conclusion. Police says that we were good behaviour.

(shown the letter)

This letter proposed. In November 2007, Baroness Deech annouced Clause 14 that deaf is prevented by this clause. But many of deaf people in deaf community did not know what is going on. In January we were shocked to find out. Then we start to contact pvarious of sources. It was rush but worked out what to do, contact people. Action, Action, Action. 4 months, then a March on 12 April. 4 months was a very hard working.

Negative:-

Have few items. One deaf person feedback want to donate money in a box for lobbying. I have been replied sorry our constitution not allowed for this. You can go our website and donate. It is allowed. Or you can go to bank and write account number to send to us, specific as "March".

Constitution is not allowed for donate box, I apologise.

Secondly, March, what weather it was? Rainy only few. 5 to 10 minutes. That is it. Same as myself were wet (clothes).

Lastly, wolverhampton large group want to come to march. But one person from wolverhampton said to them No, it is for disabled. That is wrong information.
That is his responsibility for wrong infomation. Deaf should ask them questions.

Other person been asked me, I understand. He was confused about march. In facebook, deaf person from stop eugencis been told him not go to march as focus on all HFEB Bill. NOT TRUE.

I have been told the same information as below vlogs all are Clear. I propose you to look Prime Minister as previous vlogs.

Other person lastly told, Stop Eugenics has been lot negative lots of abuses against us. Same as deaf professionals pulling down to the bottom. One organisation in the march, but no other organisations come to support. Nothing. None supported us. I am disappointed.

Police has been phoned BDA and been asked about the march. BDA not supported the march. But Police has fully supported us for the march. Thank you to the Police.

Please you all think about "You can, I can, we can" to save deaf children's lives and deaf baby, save deaf genes. Save Lives. Tell the Truth.

Thank you for all the march, police and other people who come to support march. I greatly big thank you.

3 comments:

Domvera said...

Congratulations! I hope the paraliment members will reconsider and revise the propose to remove the clause 14 for us to remain our deaf embroyos to preserve our deaf people in the future. Cheers from America!

Nick Vera

Anonymous said...

Thanks for information! Hang in there,...

DeafKathy (Wilson) said...

Interesting info and thank you for sharing this. It is nice to know deaf community still work this together. I really appreciated you translating from BSL into typed english even thou I am deaf but am from Washington St in USA.
Thumbs up for sharing the news!